Using This Site
The general public will have access to information such as messages/bulletins, team pages, schedules/events and game results.
Certain information is password protected and is only available to Burnsville Traveling Baseball players and their guardians and people directly associated with the association. Your player must be registered to be have an account. Once assigned to a team, the player and his family will have access to e-mail and text message notifications and their team's roster contact information. They may edit their account to make sure that their information is up to date anytime during the season and post season.
Use your e-mail address and password to access your team's password restricted roster.
If you have any questions, please contact your Team Website Coordinator first.
Website Administrator email is
Highly recommend that you do not select NO EMAILS or OPT OUT on your account for your player. If you do - you will receive no emails from BTB that include coaches and for your team. Please make sure your player has all email addresses assign to his account since many emails only go to players. You will not received duplicate emails (see notification below if you are a volunteer). If you disabled this setting of "No email", we will not reset for you and are not responsible for you not receiving emails.
1. Important information about privacy
2. Edit Your Account
3. Emailing Your Team
4. Printing the Roster
Things to Note:
- Your player's name should already be listed. Please do NOT add your other children - just players are listed under "add child".
- Only 2 places for parents/guardians - see below
- We do need your player's birthday, grade (11/12 school year) and gender. We do NOT need the parent's birthday or anyone's weight.
1. Important Information about privacy
This information will be used in 3 ways
(a) for Burnsville Traveling Baseball purpose such as mailings and emails; volunteer organization
(b) Your team’s private roster for your team only
(c) For the website system to contact you
Your information will be available to your teammates via password. Once your team’s web page is set up and you select the drop down menu to your team and their “Roster”, you will be prompted for your e-mail and password. The password is personal. Do not share this password with people outside your immediate family.
- Select from menu item – select “Association”
- From that drop down list – select “Edit your account”
- Enter your e-mail address ONLY
STOP! Look back at your email address and proofread it.
If you do not type the correct address PERFECTLY, you will not receive an emailed password.
- The system will then send you a temporary password to that e-mail address.
- Note to HotMail, MSN Mail and Yahoo Mail users: Please be sure to check your ''Junk'' or ''Bulk'' folder for the password email. The above email providers often incorrectly flag mail from this site as bulk email. If this happens to you, be sure to specify that future mail from this site be placed directly in your Inbox.
2. Editing Your Account
Keep your contact information up-to-date at any time.
- Log in with your e-mail address and your new password
Once logged in, you may update your information
The information you provide on this website will be kept on our secure server and NEVER shared with any third party outside this organization.
In the first screen, you will see your family listing and any remaining balance you have on your account.
Your player's name will appear. Please do NOT add your other children - just players are listed under "add child".
Please start with the parent/guardians and continue to the player(s) for editing.
Edit the information as you would like it to appear on rosters and on mailings. Names do not need to be formal but nicknames are okay.
For alerts: Only one copy of a message is sent to a cell phone number and emails no matter how many times it is listed.
- Private: This selection makes the entry available only to Administrators with rights to view Member Information.
- Roster: This selection makes the entry available only to those members with access to team rosters via OUR TEAMS, Administration Password or Team/Manager Password. This is the default selection for all personal information.
- Public: This entry is primarily for Adult positions such as Coach, Manager or Board Members. This will make the entry available to all visitors to the website on pages such as "Contacts" and "Team Contacts"
Each family member has their own contact information so open up each member and complete the information listed below.
Fields to Enter
- First Name
- Last Name
- Guardian (aka members):
The two Guardian fields are used to associate parents (or guardians) with their children. If there are more than 2 guardians – you have the following options enter the first name such as “Dick and Jane” but all the information for alerts will be the same. [same password but can use any email associated to account].
- City, State and Zip Code
- Phone, Work Phone & Cell
The dropdown to the right of the cell phone field can be used to specify your cell phone carrier. After you make this selection, all broadcast email messages, including schedule change notices sent from the site will also be sent to your cell phone as text messages. So now if they cancel the game while you're on the road, you'll know about it right away.
Enter your email address(s) here. Just separate each address with a comma such as “MyName@home.net,
”. When entering a player's address, you can enter that all of your emails here or one that belongs to a parent. For alerts: Only one copy of a message is sent to an email no matter how many times it is listed.
- Remind Of (optional - automatic email reminders); This is great for cancellations. You will receive a reminder for your player's practice and games. If you are on the roster as a volunteer, you will also receive another reminder.
- Games and Practices: By checking either or both of the boxes will be sent for Games (which include all game types with the exception of "Practice") or Practices.
- ID: leave blank – does not apply
- No Emails: When checked, the member will not be included in Email Broadcasts sent from the site. The member will still receive Schedule Change Notifications and Game/Practice Reminders, if applicable. We recommend not using this as an option. Players should not have this option checked since most emails go to player.
For player’s only
- Gender: Male or Female
- Date of Birth: is already entered; Due to the sensitivity of this particular piece of information about your child, the birth date will be locked and can only be changed by website Administrator.
- Grade: indicate year for 2011/2012 school year (e.i. 7)
3. Emailing Your Team
In your password protected team roster, there is a link to email your team above the roster. Anyone team member and their family can email their team.
4. Printing the Roster
The roster information is mainly useful on-line since there are numerous links and dropdown features.
Although the password protected roster may be printed by selecting the print link. The roster will open in another web window and then you may print.
Got to love the notification system
If you selected email and text notification for games AND practices, you will receive a notification for your player. If you also volunteer such as scorekeeper, field maintenance or coach and are listed on your team roster, you will receive another notification that you have practice/game.
The system thinks each volunteer position and player needs to know and will send multiple reminders - same with Text and email - for the same event.
They look like this:
date and time
Subject: BTB event reminder
Becky Hanson has a practice on 4/27/2010 at 6:15PM Location: BHS JV
The first time I saw this - I laughed a lot!
Now your coach, manager or web person might also cancel a practice in the scheduling section and you will receive a notification.
They look like this:
same as above except
Subject: BTB - Event Changed/Added
The above people have another option to let you know of something ASAP. They can post a bulletin on your team home page which has an email broadcast options - text and email or email only. If it is a text - hopefully it is short and sweet such as "4/27 game canceled".
Easy fix - not really.
You can uncheck the notifications for the parents and keep for the player. Then you get just 1 email as a reminder.But texts are tricky so it depends if you all I have different cell phones, then it is best to keep all notifications checked.
Lots of ways to keep in touch with your team and their busy schedule. You might have too much communication but it is important when you really need it such as rain cancelations and every changing tournament games. You don't want to miss a minute of action so better be more safe and connected than sorry.
Remember - you can always go into EDIT MY ACCOUNT and change your notification settings.
Do you have your coach's and manager's cell phone numbers entered into your phone??
Opt out of emails
On the bottom of the Emails from Burnsville Traveling Baseball - there is an Opt Out of Emails statement:
We hope you found this message to be useful. However, if you'd rather not receive future e-mails from us, please click here to unsubscribe
It will then take you to the website with the following statement:
I would like to unsubscribe the email address - YOUR EMAIL HERE from # member records. I no longer wish to receive news, reminders, schedule change notifications and other email communications from Burnsville Traveling Baseball.
Please keep in mind that this may include important and time sensitive communications sent from Burnsville Traveling Baseball. If you do not wish to continue, please click the Cancel button below.
This feature is NOT monitored. We are not responsible for you not receiving further emails if you select this feature. and We send emails to W We We send emails to the players so make sure they have all the emails listed.
You may also "edit your account" with your email and password under association/edit my account. See Association/Using this site for details.